What is Pediatric’s | Difference Between Growth and Development inPediatrics
Pediatrics is the branch of medicine which deals with the health and medical care of children, infants and adolescents from birth up to the age of eighteen. The word “pediatrics” means “healer of children”. Pediatrics is a relative term in new medical specialty, developing in the mid of 19th century. Abraham Jacobi is known as the father of pediatrics. International conference on world Pediatrics Summit is going to be held on 15th-16th September 2017 Bangkok, Thailand, to provide an opportunity to delegates, stakeholders, research scholars to inculcate and share their views experience and knowledge in all aspects of pediatrics.
GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT:
It is the process of physical maturation resulting an increase in the size of the body parts and various organs. It occurs by the multiplication of cells and an increase in the intracellular substance. This is quantitative changes of the body.
It is the process of functional and physiological maturation of the individual. It is the progressive increase in skill and capacity to function. It is related to maturation and myelination of the nervous system. It includes psychological, emotional and social changes. It is qualitative aspects in pediatrics.
FACTORS INFLUENCING GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Postnatal factors
- Growth and development depend upon multiple factors or determinates.
- It influences directly or indirectly by promoting or hindering the process.
- Genetic factors
- Prenatal factors
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT:
- The term growth is used purely in the physical sense. It generally refers to increase in size, length.
- All these changes in the assessable aspects come under the field of growth.
- Development derives general changes fit as a fiddle, frame or structure bringing about enhanced functioning or working.
- Changes in the character or character, as opposed to the quantitative angles, go under this space.
PRINCIPLES OF GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT:
- In pediatrics, development is a continuous process from conception to maturity.
- Development depends on the maturation and myelination of the nervous system.
- The sequence of development is same for all children, but the rate of development varies from child to child which tells about pediatrics.
- Certain primitive reflexes expect relating deliberate development and must be lost before the willful development creates.
- The generalized mass activity gave way to specific individual response.
- The principle of hierarchical integration.
- Development lacks uniformity of rate.
- Growth and development in children is a continuous and orderly process
- Growth pattern of every individual is unique
- Different patterns in the body grow at different rates.
FINE MOTOR DEVELOPMENT:
- 12-20 weeks of child observes his/her own hand (hand regard).
- 4 months of children together at midline as he plays
- 5-6 months infant reaches and holds the cube in an obvious immature manner using the ulnar aspect of his hand.
- 6-7 months of children transfer objects from one hand to another hand.
- 8-9 months of children are able to grasp from the converging side of the hand.
- One year baby matures grasp thumb and index figure is evident.
World Pediatrics conference is conducted by Bioleagues this international conference is very useful for Pediatrician, Pediatrics, Medical students, and researcher. This International conference is the best platform to showcase their works and get more information from Key Note Speaker, Moderator, Experts and so on.
Along these lines, approach and step up with regards to take part in our international conference on World Pediatrics Summit- 2017 , which will come about on September 15th-16th – 2017, Thailand.
Click here for World Pediatrics conference registration
More Details: World Pediatrics conference
For sponsor : firstname.lastname@example.org